Black Orchid Designs specialises in personalised products. From printed t-shirts, puzzles, timber keepsake boxes to acrylic wedding signs, handkerchiefs and baby items, there really is something for everyone in our range.
How Did Black Orchid Designs Start?
The business was founded by Lindsey in 2018 in Tahmoor, NSW.
After having her first baby she was diagnosed with Thyroid issues that led to Graves disease. In just three months she gained 30+kgs and was struggling to stay positive as a new Mum whilst battling all of the other side affects that come with the disease.
Being the creative person that she is, Lindsey knew she needed a creative outlet to find herself again. So, once she was in remission she came up with the idea of doing personalised products.
Her background prior to having children was graphic design, sign writing, promotional products and product design so her idea was something right up her alley!
During this time her sister Bree who was a very well sought after stone mason broke her back leaving her unable to walk for a good part of a year. She was lucky that her surgery was successful however she wasn't able to go back to what she loved so Lindsey decided to hire her part time.
Not long after they took the plunge to invest in the right equipment for the business and from there, Black Orchid Designs start blooming!
- I'm sarcastic
- An adrenaline junkie
- I love to party
- I love organising weddings and making them extra #carnivalwedding
- I would do absolutely anything and everything for the ones I love
- I am married
- I have 2 girls
- I have 2 Huskies, one of which is a foster fail (we have fostered over 16 dogs)
- I love photos but I am a terrible photographer!
- In year 12 I managed to make the biggest and thickest year book our school had ever seen
- I got to live out one of my ultimate dreams with my husband, which was doing volunteer work over in south Africa, unfortunately for my germaphobe hubby it meant we had to shovel animal shit every single day!
- I studied graphic design at Tafe part time at night whilst working at a sign writing company
- I then moved on to doing graphic design at a promotional products company and then on to product development
- I am a big kid at heart with a back of an 80 year old
- She quit school in year 10 and dabbled in all kinds of work for a few years
- Then I fell in love with stonework
- Became a well-known Stonemason doing some pretty amazing jobs for places like Admiralty House and Tumbling Waters Retreat
- After 9 years of hard labour as a Stonemason I did a number on my back and ended up being bed ridden for almost a year, gaining 20kg and being pretty much un-hireable for 2 years of my life
- This took a massive toll on my mental health from being strong and agile to being bed ridden
- I had my surgery in 2018 which luckily was a great success and took away the crippling sciatica
- After my surgery Lindsey asked my to help with her business and I have never looked back!